How we operate
OION Ltd provides access to active investors who can add value to early stage companies, in addition to capital. Many are successful entrepreneurs who bring management expertise and contacts to boost the development of early stage businesses.
We hold seven investment Showcase events every year so that selected companies can meet potential investors. OION Ltd is Oxford based but with a nationwide focus and will therefore consider opportunities from across the UK. We welcome applications from investment opportunities with a:
- High growth potential with a scalable business model
- Funding requirement between £100,000 - ~£2,000,000
- Disruptive technology
- Clear need for product / service with a sustainable competitive advantage
- Growing, accessible market
- Good management team
Please submit your investment opportunity using the Company Registration form.
Selected companies will be invited to pitch directly to our qualified Investors at one of our OION Ltd Investor Showcase events. Prior to the Showcase, the companies selected to present are offered an opportunity to hone their pitch by making a ‘dry run’ presentation to a panel of business angels and professionals with specialist investment experience. The purpose of the panel is to ensure that the presenting companies are 'investor ready' in order to maximise their chances of securing investment. The dry run presentation is informal and highly effective, particularly for those not used to presenting to an investment audience.
Benefits of business angel investments
- Equity rather than debt finance
- Investors bring skills and contacts
- Investors share risk as well as reward
- Longer term investment
- Face to face contact with investors
- Access to management input and contacts
- Early stage focus
Presentation fee: £325 + VAT
Success fee: 5% of funds raised
The success fee is only charged when an investment is made. It is payable within 14 days of completion of the investment.